- Logic 2: Modal Logic Local PDF
An introduction to modal logic for philosophy students.
- Knowing the Powers Local PDF
I argue that anti-Humean accounts in metaphysics have trouble explaining how we can have knowledge of natural modality.
- Belief, Desire, and Rational Choice Local PDF
A philosophical introduction to decision theory, with digressions into Bayesian epistemology and value theory.
- The Problem of Metaphysical Omniscience Local PDF
I like possible-worlds models of knowledge and belief. These models don't allow for a priori enquiry. But then what is going on when we do metaphysics (or maths)?Helen Beebee and J.R.A. Fisher (ed.), Perspectives on the Philosophy of David K. Lewis, Oxford: Oxford University Press 2022: 23-40
- David Lewis's Metaphysics(with Ned Hall and Brian Rabern)
An overview of Lewis's metaphysics. I wrote most of the section on counterpart theory, and an appendix on counterpart-theoretic semantics for quantified modal logic
- Discourse, Diversity, and Free Choice Local PDF
I give a broadly Gricean explanation of various "free choice" phenomena, using ideas from dynamic semantics.
- Objects of Choice Local PDF
Decision theory says that rational agents choose an option with maximal expected utility. But what are the options among which she chooses?